Erewash Canal

Completed in 1779 to enable coal to be transported from the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire coalfields, the Erewash Canal extends southwards for nearly 12 miles from Langley Mill (Derbys) to join the Trent below Long Eaton at Trent Lock. It is coarse fishing with a number of associations actively trying to improve results by means of re-stocking. Access for visitors is reasonable. Rod Licence: STWA Cotmanhay, DerbysC11 miles from Shipley Lock to Stenson’s LockLB

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.