Stratford upon Avon Canal

This canal was completed in 1815 to link the Worcester and Birmingham Canal at King’s Norton with Stratford upon Avon 24 miles to the south-west. The canal contains roach, perch, gudgeon and bream, the likeliest centres for the latter being Lapworth, Wootton Wawen and Preston Bagot. Pike, tench and carp (common and crucian) are occasionally caught. The majority of the fishing is controlled by Birmingham AA who, while they do not issue tickets, do operate a useful system of open membership to all. Rod Licence: STWA Lifford to Bridge 24: (Trent Division licence)

Bridge 24 to Bridge 25: (Severn Division licence)

Bridge 25 to Bridge 27: (Trent Division licence)

Bridge 27 to Stratford: (Severn Division licence)

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.