Which rod licence?

Just as you need a licence for a gun, so, too, in many parts of the British Isles, it is necessary for an angler to have a licence for his rod. In England and Wales, rod licences are issued by the Water Authorities. Just which licence you need and how you can save money by making sure you get just the right licence is explained in our section on rod licences, below. Rod licences are required for fishing in Scotland. They are, however, required in Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man and details of these are given in the relevant introductions .